Wednesday, August 13, 2008

magicJack

I have just discovered magicJack, the quickest and simplest VoIP (voice over IP) phone system I have ever seen! This amazing little device plugs right into my computer's USB port, and then I just plugged my regular phone line into the magicJack, and presto, I had instant phone service! I picked my own phone number (I can change it once if I need to), and I even get an email notification when I get a message, along with regular voice mail features. Best of all, my phone bill is less than $20 a year (yes, a year, not a month!!!), and my first year was included with the price of the magicJack. And no hardware (unless you count a device slightly larger than a memory stick as hardware) or monthly bills, just an annual renewal of my account, and if I renew for multiple years, it comes out to be about $15 a year! It was incredibly simple to set up, and it is also portable, so if I am traveling and have a hotel room with a phone line, I can just unplug the phone from the wall jack and into my magicJack, and I now have my number on the go with my laptop. Plan coverage is for the U.S. and Canada, but overseas rates are also extremely low. No more cell phone overages and dropped calls and poor sound quality! In fact, I will probably reduce my cell plan as a result of this cool invention! (Kudos to my friend and business partner Marguerite for introducing me to this product).


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment